Last week one of my friend pointed out that
my blog lacks non-veg recipes.. Though We
eat non veggies it features very less in my
kitchen as both hubby and my son are not great
eaters.. I made this simple chicken roast
over the weekend and glad I got
a grt feedback at home
Chicken cut into big chunks - 1/2 kg
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
For dry masala
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Whole peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 "
Onions - chopped 1
Curry leaves few
Coriander for garnishing
- Wash the chicken well and marinate with yogurt , Ginger garlic paste , chilli powder and salt.
- Dry roast the whole spices in MW or kadai and grind it to a nice powder.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed kadai . Add onions and saute well.
- Add curry leaves . Now add the marinated chicken .
- Cover it with lid and cook in a medium flame for 15 min
- Stir in between . When the chicken gets cooked add the dry masala powder.
- Mix well and cook again for 15 more minutes or till chicken is crispy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.