- Whisk flour , salt and baking powder together.
- Beat sugar and butter in a big bowl for 3 min.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Fold the dry ingredients in 3 batches.
- Divide the dough into two balls and roll into 6 " inch discs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- Arrange the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- Roll one disc at a time into 1/8 '' circle .
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle colored sugar.Bake for 9-11 min.
- Cool down in a wire rack.
Feb 23, 2009
Belated Valentine cookies
Hello friends,It has been long time I did not post anything. I was struck down again by network problems and few other personal works . These cookies I made for the valentines day. I have been little bit successful when trying out new dishes. But I always have a tough time when making sugar cookies and choco chip cookies.Whenever I make these two cookies I end up with mini pancake or uthappam..But this recipe comes out pretty good even in the first attempt. Ingredients Sugar - 1 cup Butter - 10 tblsp Egg - 1 Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Baking powder - 1/2 tsp salt - 1/2 tsp All purpose flour - 2 cups