Chicken Chalna is served along with
parota.It absolutely comes free with parota.
The taste of chalna varies from hotel to
hotel.Those who have come down to
Sivakasi , a town which is very famous
for Crackers and Printing Press would
have definitely tasted in Vijeyam Mess .
This mess is just a simple open restaurant
but the taste is heavenly.They used to 2 have
chalnas , one comes free with parota and
another with little bit creamier and a big
Appa helped me in getting this recipe
from the cook there.
Chicken with bones - 1/4 kg
onion - 1
Tomato - small
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 3 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
oil - 1 tblsp
coconut - 1 cup
cashew - 50 gms
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker .Saute onion well.
- Add ginger garlic paste,tomato pieces.Stir well.
- Now add the chicken pieces.
- Keep stirring till the water evaporates.
- Add all the powders one by one and a cup of water and salt.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 10 min in a medium flame .
- Switch off the stove.
- Open the cooker after the pressure releases
- Add the coconut cashew paste and keep it in low flame for 10 min.
Serve hot with Parotas.