I wish you all my readers , bloggers a very Happy Diwali.
This post is so special to me as I have touched my century.
I know this is not a big mark since I have been labelled
as lazy during my childhood compared to my so Ideal
and perfect cousin sisters .
Boondhi Laddu is one of the sweet Amma used
to prepare during Diwali.
Besan flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 1/4 cup
cardamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon color - a pinch
Water - 1/2 cup
Cashew chopped - 2 tbslp
Raisins - 1 tblsp
Cloves - 10
Oil to fry
- Take besan and rice flour in a vessel . Add water to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai . Meanwhile add sugar and 1/2 cup of water in another vessel and bring it to 1/2 string consistency . ( Take little bit of syrup between thumb and index finger and releases the index finger a half inch string should come.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and color to it and switch off the flame.
- When oil is hot keep the stove in medium flame .
- Hold boondhi ladle to the top of the oil and pour 1 ladle of batter to it . Rub the batter with another laddle.
- Fry the boondhi till it is 3/4 cooked.Donot let the boondhi turn crispy.
- Now Remove it from fire and put the boondhis into hot syrup.
- Repeat the process till the batter is done.
- Leave the boondhi in syrup for 10 min.
- Fry cashews , raisins and cloves in ghee.
- Add this and cardamon powder to the boondhi.
- Make lemon sized balls.
On my 100 th post I would like to show few of my works.
My first glass painting .
Bharath procession in my sister's saree.
Aari work in a blouse.On this special moment I would like to thank all my readers , friends
bloggers who give continuous encouragement for all my work.