After so many hesitations I finally decided to run
in the marathon race started by Dhivya . I too planned
for a specific theme for every week . So the first week
is going to be Snacks . The sugar cookies I prepared
for the Halloween . My daughter who is at halloween
holidays did the frosting in the cookies.
Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Butter - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Flour - 3 cups
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Cream of tartar - 1 tsp
- Beat powdered sugar and butter in a large bowl .
- Stir in vanilla and egg and beat for 1 min.
- Stir in flour , baking soda and cream of tartar .
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Roll half of dough at a time 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes . I used Halloween cookie cutters.
- Bake for 7 - 8 min.
Frosting for sugar cookies
Combine 2 cups of powdered sugar , 1/2 tsp vanilla and 2 tblsp milk and stir together until smooth and spreadable.
Check out my other marathon runners