This recipe was noted down long before
I started blogging . So I could not remember
the name of the blogger . I have never used
pumpkin with dal . As Cham of spice club
said the tamilians use only plain dal . We liked
this pumpkin dal so much.
Masoor dal - 1 cup
Pumpkin Chopped into cubes - 1 cup
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chopped onions - 2 tbslp
Butter - 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
- Soak masoor dal in water for 30 min.
- Cook the dal after 30 min with chilli powder and turmeric powder for 3 whistle.
- Meanwhile heat butter in a kadai.
- Add jeera . Once it splutters add onions , ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Now add the chopped pumpkins .
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and close it with lid and allow the pumpkin to cook.
- Now add the cooked dal to it and adjust salt to taste.
- Cook in the medium flame for 2 min.Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with hot rice or rotis . This goes to Madhuram hosting AFAM Pumpkin.
started by Maheswari.