Sep 24, 2008

Kodi Vepudu - Andhra special

I got this hot and spicy chicken recipe
from one of my Andhra friend . My husband
loves anything comes from Andhra kitchen
and this one is a special for him.
Ingredients
Chicken - 1/4 kg
Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Onions chopped - 1/2 cup
Shallots - 10
Green chillies chopped - 3
Coriander leaves to garnish
Curry leaves few
Oil - 1 tblsp
Method
  • Grind shallots to a coarse paste.
  • Cut chicken into 2" pieces.
  • Mix shallots paste , turmeric powder , ginger garlic paste , chilli powder and salt to the chicken.
  • Cook the chicken with 1/2 cup of water till it is soft.
  • Now in a kadai heat oil.
  • Add chopped onions , curry leaves and green chillies.
  • Saute well.Add the chicken with water.
  • In a high flame saute it . Add coriander powder and garam masala.
  • Stir well it the gravy thickens and coat well in the chicken.
  • Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.

I am sending this to Srilekha's Chicken event

5 comments:

Cham said...

Wow, totally a new recipe Kamala for me,looks spicy and quite simple too :)

Unknown said...

Looks spicy n delicious akka..

Finla said...

I too love Andhra food, I have bookmarked this recipe to make it.

Laavanya said...

It looks so spicy.. I don't eat chicken but am sure my husband would like this.

Indian Khana said...

Looks yum and spicy...its pouring here again..and that chicken will be perfect for lunch ;)