Poriyal is the Tamil word means veggies sauted
with onions , green chillies or red chillies.Usually
Poriyals are dry and a side dish to Rice and sambhar.
Cauliflower - 1 medium size
Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
Chillie powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Onion chopped - 1/4 cup
Mustard , urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
- Cut the cauliflower florets and put it in the hot water for 2 min.
- Drain the water.
- In a bowl mix cauliflower , cumin , chilli and turmeric powder and salt.
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Heat oil in a kadai . Add mustard and urad dal.Add onions and saute well.
- Now add the cauliflower mix and close it with lid.
- Cook in the low flame.
- Mix in between.Switch off the flame till the water evaporates.
Serve with Sambar Rice.