Amma makes the best Nankhatais . As usual
she makes loads of cookies and give to all our
relatives.With a small oven it would take
hours of time but she never lost patience till the last batch.
Maida - 2 cups
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Ghee / Dalda melted - 3/4 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Sieve maida and baking powder .
- In a bowl mix maida and sugar.
- Add ghee little by little to form a stiff dough.
- Keep it aside for 2 - 3 hrs.
- Pre heat the oven to 300 C
- Make a small rounds of dough and flatten it.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the nankhatais and bake it for 30 - 40 min.
- Cool it in the wire rack.
Serve with tea.
Don't use butter.Butter makes the cookies hard.