- Soak urad dhal in water separately.
- Soak both the rices together with enough water for 3 hrs.
- Grind Urad dhal first in the grinder adding water little by little.
- The batter should be like butter
- Take it out from the grinder and keep it aside.
- Then grind the rice till u get nice batter.
- Now add the urad dhal batter to the rice batter and add salt let it mix for 3 min.
- Pour the batter in 2 vessels leaving space for fermentation.
- Keep the batter in a warm place.
- Allow it to ferment for 8 -10 hrs.
- Keep it in fridge till use.
Take out from fridge 1/2 hr before you make dosa.Add 1/2 cup of
water to the batter and mix it thoroughly.Heat the dosa pan in the
stove.When it is hot take a ladleful of batter and pour it the centre of the
pan and spread it thinly over the pan.Apply 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp ghee
to the dosa.Cover with lid for 1 min.Remove the lid and fold
it half .Serve hot with chutney and sambhar.