Oma Podi is a savoury snack for all ages . I make
often for my kids.
Besan flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Omam ( Ajwain ) - 1 tsp
Hing - a pinch
- Soak omam in 2 tsp of water . Grind it to a paste . Strain it and keep the omam water aside.
- Mix besan and rice flour with salt , hing and omam water.
- Add enough water to make like chappathi dough.
- In a Iddiyappam press keep the handful of water .
- Heat oil in a kadai . Press it over the hot oil.
- Turn it in 1 min . Oma podi should be golden in color . So turn and remove it quickly. The oil should be hot when pressing the omapodi.