Nov 21, 2008

Aloo Paratha

Aloo paratha is a north indian flat bread.I was introduced
to this dish when I was at college by one of my North Indian
friend..It takes more time for me to get a round perfect shape.
Ingredients
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Warm water - 1 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
For filling
Potatoes - boiled and mashed
Onions finely chopped - 3
Ginger minced - 1 tsp
Green chillies finely chopped - 2
Salt to taste
Corainader leaves chopped - 1 tsp
Chat masala - 1/2 tsp
Method
  • Make a dough with flour , salt and warm water.Apply oil on top and leave it aside for 30 min.
  • Mash the potatoes and mix the other ingredients . Divide into equal balls.
  • Make rounds like that of filling.
  • Using a rolling pin rollout into a small circle.Keep one filling ball inside.
  • Close it from the sides of circles and form a big ball.
  • Using flour gently roll out the paratha into a thick disc.
  • Heat tawa and cook the paratha on both sides using oil.

Check out what my fellow RM cook today. 1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Roopa 14)Divya Kudua 15)Rekha 16)Divya M 17)Lakshmi 18)Raaga 19)Lakshmi Venkatesh 20)Sripriya 21)Viji 22)Pavani 23)Karuna 24)Roochi 25)Kamalika

11 comments:

Laavanya said...

Aloo & Gobi parathas are undeniably my favorite. With melted butter on top, must've been bliss.

Priya Suresh said...

Am a great addict of aloo parathas..lovely presentation...

Unknown said...

Looks perfect akka. I know it takes tme to get perfect shape.

Unknown said...

The cone dosa & teh aloo paratha are making me hungry! Can I come over?

Cham said...

The rolling part was miserable for me! Good one!

CurryLeaf said...

Perfect ,pass it over,I am bad at shaping these.Always gets torn.This looks super

Deepthi Shankar said...

i love aloo parathas .. i love the butter on top

Dori said...

Yum, I can never get tired of this!!! Wish I had it for breakfast!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Delectable Aloo parathas...

Medhaa said...

All time fav. looks great

Srivalli said...

wow..looks like you were keen on posting all my favorite dishes!...