Oct 1, 2008

Vanilla cup cakes and a surprise meeting with a blogger

I made this cup cakes for a party at my
friend's place . I adopted this from
Joy of Baking.
And before going to the
recipe I like to share my sweet surprise
meeting with a blogger Sukanya Ramkumar
of Hot and sweet bowls . It was a get together
at one of my friend's place who I know in my daughter's
school.I was introduced to Sukanya and few other
friends . Since I already know Sukanya is also from
my city and our area I was in dilemma whether she would
be our blogger friend . And later on with the conversation
I asked her husband's name...the minute she spells out
I was more happy and the fun started from there.It was
a pleasant surprise to meet her without planning out.
And now to the recipe...
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2/3 cup
Eggs - 3
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F
  • Line the muffin pans with paper liners.
  • Beat butter an sugar until light and fluffy.
  • Add egg one at a time . Beat well.
  • Stir in vanilla.
  • In a separate bowl whisk together flour , salt and baking powder.
  • Add flour mixture and milk alternatively .
  • Fill half the muffin cups and bake it for 18 - 20 min or tooth pick comes out clean.

For Butter cream Icing


Confectioner's sugar - 2 cups

Butter - 1/2 cup

Vanilla essense - 1 tsp

Milk - 2 tblsp

Desired color


  • Beat the butter till it is soft and creamy.
  • Add vanilla and mix well.
  • Slowly beat the sugar till it forms soft and peak.
  • Add milk if frosting is too thick.

Cool down the cakes completely. Using the desired tip

frost the cakes.


DEESHA said...

wow looks sooo delicious .. love the topping

Happy cook said...

Beautiful delicious cup cake.
I love that frosting, looks so glazy, yeah it is always wonderful to meet a food blogger.

Cham said...

That is a real surprise :) I love the pink frosting is very buttery :) Very pretty cupcake!

Divya Vikram said...

Cake looks perfect! Glad that u met a blogger ..It should have been a real surprise!

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hi Kamala....
Nice meeting u... This is a nice cake recipe. I also love JOY OF BAKING'S site a lot.

Laavanya said...

What a cute meeting that is... :) Good for you both. The cupcakes look so cute and am sure they were as yummy.

meeso said...

How nice to meet another blogger, and it was also a surprise! The cupcakes are cute, and a nice color!

Madhavi said...

WOW cup cakes look so goooood, lovely colour too!!!

Sangeeth said...

thats cool kamala...meeting up with blogger frnd is really great! I want to meet u guys too.....loved the icing colour...pretty pink!

Purnima said...

Wow..its fun to read how u bumped into Ramya..how exciting it is to meet a fellow blogger in person!
That baby pink truly increases the van.cc value!tks for sharing.(pls chk my last post bottom)

Bhawana said...

great Kamala u must have felt grt after meeting a blogger frnd. Gud :). cupcakes too looks tempting.

Srivalli said...

Thats wonderful one kamala..and meeting a blogger is always such a nice one!

Vanamala said...

looks yummmy ..lovely pic

Mrs.Kannan said...

Sweet surprise for you to meet a fellow blogger,Great to hear that,and your muffins are great,Especially the creme on the top

Uma said...

lovely cupcake Kamala! It's a nice feeling to meet a fellow blogger.

Suma Rajesh said...

looks awesome..love the pinky colour