I made this cup cakes for a party at my
friend's place . I adopted this from
Joy of Baking.
And before going to the
recipe I like to share my sweet surprise
meeting with a blogger Sukanya Ramkumar
of Hot and sweet bowls . It was a get together
at one of my friend's place who I know in my daughter's
school.I was introduced to Sukanya and few other
friends . Since I already know Sukanya is also from
my city and our area I was in dilemma whether she would
be our blogger friend . And later on with the conversation
I asked her husband's name...the minute she spells out
I was more happy and the fun started from there.It was
a pleasant surprise to meet her without planning out.
And now to the recipe...
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2/3 cup
Eggs - 3
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Line the muffin pans with paper liners.
- Beat butter an sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg one at a time . Beat well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour , salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternatively .
- Fill half the muffin cups and bake it for 18 - 20 min or tooth pick comes out clean.
For Butter cream Icing
Confectioner's sugar - 2 cups
Butter - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essense - 1 tsp
Milk - 2 tblsp
- Beat the butter till it is soft and creamy.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly beat the sugar till it forms soft and peak.
- Add milk if frosting is too thick.
Cool down the cakes completely. Using the desired tip
frost the cakes.