I am so fond of sweets . My hubby warns me
to check for diabetes as I make sweets all the
time . I have already posted Amma's way
of making Gulab jamuns using unsweetened
Kova . This is another version of making with
non fat dry milk powder.
Dry milk powder - 1 cup
Yoghurt - 4 tblsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Maida - 4 tblsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
For making syrup
Sugar - 3 cups
Water - 3 cups
Rose essence - 1/2 tsp ( optional )
- In a wide bottomed vessel heat sugar and water.
- Allow it to boil. Switch off the flame.
- Mean while in a bowl mix milk powder , baking powder and maida . Mix well.
- Add yoghurt and ghee.Knead softly to form a dough.
- Add little milk if you can't make a dough.
- Close it with wet cloth for 15 min.
- Heat oil in a kadai . The oil should not be too hot.
- Make small rounds of the dough.
- Drop the balls slowly into the oil.
- Oil should be in the low medium flame.
- Fry it till golden brown.
- Remove from the flame and drop the jamuns in the sugar syrup.
- Serve it after 2 hrs.
I am sending this to Mythreyee's this month's deep fried sweets.