Oct 4, 2008

Celebrating Amma's 60 th B' Day

All mothers are special in their own way... As my blog name
says Amma is a true inspiration to me . She teaches us to be
humble , respectful , polite , honest and more importantly
patience.. With all these qualities she stands high today.
Today Amma is celebrating her 60 th B' Day.. She is more
popular around her circles for her tasteful cooking and beautiful
craft works . All the new born babies are adorned by amma's
beautiful knitted shawls and sweaters.. She is more happy
to teach embroidery , knitting and all the handworks whoever
approached her . She is never reluctant to share her works
and ideas.. Through all these years she has been teaching
handworks without getting money ..
I would like share few of Amma's works here.
Amma's Knitting
Amma's Kasooti Embroidery

Kasooti in a saree

Tatting Work

Kutch Work

Embroidery at my daughter's Pattu Pavadai

I owe amma for everything I am doing now .

Without her I couldnot be in this place now..Happy

B'day Amma.. I miss you so much here.

18 comments:

Laavanya said...

Congratulations and best wishes to your mom. She is truly a special and talented person. Nice of you to share the work done by her - beautiful pieces :)

Purnima said...

Kamala, please convey my wishes to your Mom. Wow her work is piece of art, so beautiful, neat and intricate! Loved every pc of it! Tks so much for sharing!

Vibaas said...

Wow! What beautiful work! Birthday wishes to your amma.

Cham said...

Happy Birthday To ur Amma Kamala :) She is very talented woman! Sure ur mom should be proud of ur blog work and the beautiful cake you made it :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to aunty!! All her work looks too pretty..

Dori said...

Happy Birthday to your mother, and all of her works are very beautiful and special!

sra said...

Happy birthday to your mother!

Nirmala said...

Oh my GOD! What a talent! I wish amma many more years of healthy life Kamala! And I adore your love and respect for u're amma!

Nirmala said...

And about that cake, it looks too good to eat! I love the icing pattern!

Srivalli said...

Dear Kamala, pls convey my wishes to your wonderful Mom!...she is so talented..its no wonder you are too..moms are great!

Deepthi Shankar said...

convey my regards to your mother .. loved the kasoothi work .. very talented

Madhavi said...

Plz convey my wish to ur mom. Greattttt work very creative and talented person :))

You can find moriyo in Indian store next to sabudana, and it looks like rava!!!

ST said...

Please Convey my Birthday wishes to ur Amma Kamala :)She is very talented and all her work looks fantastic and superb....

Usha said...

Birthday wishes to your Mom...every piece of work that you have displayed is awesome...thanks for sharing :-)

Beyond Curries said...

Belated b'day wishes to your Mom, Kamala. I'm really floored by her handwork. No wonder your sister is also so talented in handicrafts. Do you also sew, or you have inherited the cooking skill from your mother?

Swapna said...

Belated birthday wishes to your Mom, Kamala. All her wroks are very beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats such a beautiful work. I simply adore it. Wish I had a daughter, that pattu langa is so so " ", you know I couldnt find any words. Its really very very pretty.Congratulations to both your mom and you. First time here and I never bookmarked so many recipes on a single site.

- Santhi.

srilu said...

ur mom's works are superb.........