Oats contain more soluble fibre than any other grain.
The consumption of oats is believed to lower the
LDL level and help to reduce the risk of heart
disease ( Sou.WIKI ).
Quick cooking or Old fashioned oats - 1 cup
Onion - 2 tblsp
Ginger - grated - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Mixed vegetables ( carrot , peas , beans ) - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Water - 2 cups
Coriander leaves chopped - 1 tblsp
- Dry roast the oats in medium flame for 2 min or Microwave it.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add chopped onions . Saute well.
- Add slit chillies and ginger . Stir well.
- Now add the chopped veggies and salt . Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water . When the water comes to boil add roasted oats.
- Allow it cook or till all the water absorbs.
- In the end add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
And this is off to Divya's Diet foods.
Uma of Essence of Andhra has passed me the Butterfly Award.
Thank you so much Uma.