Except some festivals and marriages this gravy
features every Thursday in our place.
Mochai ( whole Val ) - 1/2 cup
Eggplant chopped - 1/2 cup
Drumstick chopped - 8
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coconut paste - 2 tblsp
Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp
Chopped garlic - 2
Tomato chopped - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Chopped onions - 2 tblsp
Mustard and urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
- Dry roast the mochai for 2 min . Add 2 cups of water and soak for 2 hrs.
- Cook the mochai in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai . Add mustard and urad dal.When it starts splutter add curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and saute it well.
- Add chopped tomato , garilc, eggplants and drumsticks.
- Stir well.Now add all the powders one by one with salt and 1 cup of water.
- Close it with lid and allow the veggies to cook.
- Now add the cooked dal , Tamarind and coconut pastes .
- Cook in the lower flame till the gravy comes together.
- Serve with Rice and papads.