Amma used to make whenever we ask her for
a quick snack in the evening.
Aval ( Poha ) - 1 cup
Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Oil - 1 cup
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry the curry leaves in oil.
- Take two tblsp of peanuts at a time and fry in the oil using steel strainer.
- Now fry the poha using the steel strainer 2 tsp at a time.
- The oil should be hot .Then only the poha pops up immediately.
- Mix everything together with salt and chilli powder.
- You can add Pottukadalai ( Chana dalia ) also to the mixture.