Inspired by lot of bloggers I too tried my hand
in making Zebra cake . It is a real fun for Nandhu
to pour the two color batters alternatively . I adopted
this recipe from Deepa from Passionateaboutbaking.
Eggs - 4
Oil - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Dark Coco powder - 5 tblsp
- Sieve flour , baking powder and salt together.
- In a bowl mix sugar and eggs until light and creamy.
- Add milk and oil and beat well .
- Add vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Now slowly add flour and mix well .
- Divide the batter into equal two portions.
- Add coco powder into one portion and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Grease the pan.
- In a big ladle ( that will hold 3 tblsp ) pour the plain batter in the center of the pan.
- Then pour a ladle of coco batter in the middle of the plain batter.
- Don't tilt or mix the baking pan.
- Pour the batter alternately until finish them.
- Bake in the oven for 40 min.
Kids love these stripes in the cake .