Happy Ganesh chathurthi to all of
my friends .
Kids are back at school . For the past
2 1/2 months it has been hectic with
kids and could not participate in lot of events
and blog hopping regularly.
And coming up with simple and
delicious potato kurma .
Potaoto - 2
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1 chopped
Green chillies - 3
Cinnamon - 1 "
Cloves - 2
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Poppy seeds - 2 tsp
Ginger - 1 "
Garlic - 2
- Grind all the things (under the heading to grind )to a nice paste.
- Cook the potato in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles with enough water.
- Chop the onions and green chillies into juliennes.
- Remove the potato skin and crumbled it into small pieces.
- Take oil in kadai . Add cinnamon , clove.Then add onions and green chillies.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Add crumbled potatoes , and all the powders and water.
- Allow it to boil.Now add the grinded masala to this and salt.
- Cook it till the raw smell disappears and the gravy becomes thick.
Serve with pooris and chappathis.
Now coming to the crocheting . I learnt crocheting
during my school days but don't even know the
name single crochet , double crochet etc...other
than chain stictch.And also I didnot make
any completed projects . But inspired by
Nupur and Shilpa I started crochet .
Amma has always been in my side to help whenever
I start learning new things . This is
my first project without Amma's help.
I made a hat and small bag for my daughter.