Chilli Parota is one of the famous dish in
all the restaurants across South India . It is
very simple to make if we have some left over
parotas at hand . I got this recipe from one of
the famous mess at our place . If you want to
Parota - 3
Onion - 1
Tomato - 2
Cashew - 10
curry leaves - 10
Bell peppers chopped - 1/2 cup
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Ajinomotto - 1 pinch
Tomato sauce - 1 tblsp
salt to taste
Chilli sauce - 1/2 tsp
Red powder - a pinch
Coriander leaves to garnish
Oil - 1 tblsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 6 slitted
- Chop the parotas into small pieces.
- Soak cashew in water for 10 min.
- Cut the onions into 4 pieces . Boil 1 cup of water in a pan and add the onions .
- Allow it to boil for 1 min and remove the onions .
- Blanch the tomatoes , remove the skin.
- Grind onions , tomatoes and cashew into a nice paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add jeera , curry leaves and chopped bell peppers and green chillies.
- Saute well and now add the grinded gravy , salt ,ajinomotto , red color and tomato sauce.
- Cook in the high flame .When the gravy starts thickening add parota pieces and chilli sauce.
- Mix well . Switch off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve the chilli parotas with Raita.