Peanut chikki is another Amma's popular snack.
Asusual she prepares it in a large amount ..Amma
used to send us for the School picnics.Great
snack for all ages.
Peanut - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
water - 1/4 cup
- Roast the peanut in Microwave in high for 5 min.
- Cool it down . Remove the skin and broken into pieces.
- Heat jaggery and sugar with water in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- When the jaggery melts drain it using the sieve to remove the impurities.
- Keep it again in the stove .
- Stir often.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl take 1/2 cup of cool water.
- Check the consistency of jaggery by dropping little bit in water.
- It should be like a hard ball .At this stage add the peanuts and switch off the flame.
- Mix well . Pour in the greased plate or kitchen top.
- Flatten it out with the rolling pin and cut into slices while it is hot .
- Store in a airtight container.
This is my entry to this month's sweet series Chikkis and ladoos.
This is my click for this month's event Click - Lemon by Jai Bee of Jugalbandhi.