My Grandma used to make this type of egg curry
often . This is like the normal Tamilian's
Puzhi Kuzhambu and the eggs are
cracked into the thick gravy ( just like Poaching eggs )
Eggs - 4
Onion grinded coarsely - 1/4 cup
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Oil - 2 tsp
mustard - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai . Add mustard and curry leaves.
- Once it splutters add onion and all the powders and tamarind paste.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and salt . Let the gravy boil .
- At this time remove the kadai from the stove .
- After a min slowly pour the cracked egg into the gravy leaving space between each.
- Keep the kadai again in the stove . Cover it with lid and cook in a very slow flame.
- Once the gravy thickens switch off the flame.
- Serve with plain rice.
- If you pour the eggs when the kadai is in the stove the eggs will get stick in the kadai. So always remove the stove from the kadai before adding eggs.