Aug 27, 2008

Egg curry

My Grandma used to make this type of egg curry
often . This is like the normal Tamilian's
Puzhi Kuzhambu and the eggs are
cracked into the thick gravy ( just like Poaching eggs )
Ingredients
Eggs - 4
Onion grinded coarsely - 1/4 cup
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Oil - 2 tsp
mustard - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Method
  • Heat oil in a kadai . Add mustard and curry leaves.
  • Once it splutters add onion and all the powders and tamarind paste.
  • Add 1/2 cup of water and salt . Let the gravy boil .
  • At this time remove the kadai from the stove .
  • After a min slowly pour the cracked egg into the gravy leaving space between each.
  • Keep the kadai again in the stove . Cover it with lid and cook in a very slow flame.
  • Once the gravy thickens switch off the flame.
  • Serve with plain rice.
  • If you pour the eggs when the kadai is in the stove the eggs will get stick in the kadai. So always remove the stove from the kadai before adding eggs.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Different recipe akka.I have never made this..Looks delicious..

Uma said...

looks so delicious Kamala! Your lemon click is so beautiful.

Cham said...

I love the poaching egg kuzhambu :) I make with less tamarind .....Good one Kamala

Madhavi said...

Egg curry look mouthwatering, my DH love eggs so will try ur recipe for him!!!

Laavanya said...

I've heard of this but have always been hesitant to try - maybe I should, sounds yummy with a pulikuzhambu base.

Deepa Kuber said...

there is a surprise for u in my blog.

Nirmala said...

Amma usd to make this but very rarely. anyway I love this curry very much!

Indian Khana said...

Reminds of Chennai days again ! Muttai kuzhamba looks yum...

anudivya said...

Yay! Been looking for this recipe for a long time ever since I tasted at a friend's place. Thanks!