I adopted this recipe from Sailu . I never used
wheat rava before . But the pongal with the
dhal and Methi gives a great taste .For the original
recipe go here. I used methi leaves instead of
spinach and omits the greenchilllies .
Wheat Rava - 1 cup
Split Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Methi leaves - 1 cup
whole pepper - 1/2 tsp
Ginger grated - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 2
Hing - a pinch
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 2 tsp
Water - 3 cups
salt to taste
- Soak wheat rava and split moong dal in water for 20 min.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds , hing , redchillies , whole pepper , curry leaves and ginger.
- Saute well and add now methi leaves.
- Stir well.
- Drain the water from Rava- Dal mixture and add in the cooker.
- Stir well with the rest of the ingredients for a while.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt.When water comes to boil close the lid of the pressure cooker and put on the whistle.
- Cook for 2 whistle and switch off the stove.
Like for the usual pongal I serve this with Sambhar.
I am sending this to WHB hosted by Srivalli this month
started by Kalyn's Kitchen.