Come every April , Amma starts making koozh vadagam
for the whole year.Amma wakes up very early in the morning and
makes the koozh and wake up us at 6 ' o clock to help her
before the scorching sun comes.
Parboiled rice - 2 1/2 cups
water - 16 cups
cumin seeds 2 tsp
hing - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 10
- Soak the rice for 2 hrs.
- Grind the rice to a nice batter along with green chillies.
- Next day morning in a big cooker or thick bottom vessel pour the rice and water.
- Stir continuously.
- Add salt , jeera and curry leaves.
- The batter should not be in the running consistency nor thick.
- Keep an old mat in the floor under the sun.
- Spread a dhoti over the mat.
- Make small rounds of vadams with the help of spoon.
- Vadams at the end of the day
- In the evening flip the dhoti.Sprinkle water over it.Let it soak for 10 min.
- Remove the vadams after 10 min.
Next day morning under the sun spread the vadams in the mat.
- Let it dry completely.
- Store in a airtight container.