- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Dust the cake pan with butter and flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 c.
- Beat butter and sugar in a medium speed for 2 min.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for 1 min after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Now fold the flour,baking powder mixture half at a time.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 min or until the cake is done.
- Cool the cake in a wire rack for 10 min.
For Butter cream
Egg whites - 4
Sugar - 1 cup
Butter - 3 sticks or 1 1/2 cups
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Put the sugar and egg whites in a mixer bowl.
- Fit the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk constantly.
- Whisk for 3 min or until it feels hot to touch.
- The sugar should be dissolved and mixture will look like shiny cream.
- Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Beat the mixture until it is cool for 5 min.
- Add butter a stick at a time .
- Beat the butter cream on medium high speed for 6 - 10 min.
- Add vanilla essence.
My son likes Batman.So I made Batman template in
fondant .Overall the cake was good in taste though
there are minor defects in the decoration.
And finally Cham of Spice club has awarded
me Good chatter award.Thank You so much Cham.
Now I would like pass on this to Ranji , Happy cook ,
Madhavi , Divya Vikram , Srivalli and Latha Narasimhan and Lakshmi.