Jun 6, 2008

Paneer Butter Masala

Paneer butter masala is my daughter's fav.Sauting of
the onions and tomatoes helps the gravy done quicker
and avoids the raw smell of onions in the gravy.
Ingredients
Part 1
Onion - 2
Tomato - 3
Green chilli - 1
kasoori methi - 1 tsp(crushed)
Garlic - 2 pods
Ginger - 1 " inch
Part 2
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
Paneer cubes - 1 cup
Butter 2 tblsp
Method
  • Heat 1 tsp of butter in a kadai.
  • In a low medium flame toss the paneer in butter slightly.
  • Keep it in warm water until use.
  • Saute the ingredients under Part 1 in the same kadai.
  • Let it cool for 10 min and grind it to a nice paste.
  • Take another kadai.
  • Add 1 tblsp of butter and the grinded paste.
  • Stir well.
  • Now add all the powders one by one.
  • Cover the kadai with a lid and cook it in a low flame for 10 min.
  • Add milk and keep the flame low for 2 min.
  • In the end add paneer cubes and cream.

Serve with Naan or parotas.

14 comments:

FH said...

Beautiful looking gravy, love the dish.My girl loves Paneer dishes!:))

Laavanya said...

I prefer sauteeing too before grinding... uses less oil that way and is quicker. Love the colour of the gravy - so good.

Finla said...

I love this dish.
Delicious with chapatis one can soak up all the sauce.

Suganya said...

Hi Kamala...
This is my fav. Ur recipe looks so creamy and rich. Love it a lot. YUM!... Love to have it with some hot butter nan.

Cham said...

I too make the same way by frying well onion :) Yummy with your parota...

Uma said...

mouth-watering paneer butter masala. I love to have it with rotis.

Madhavi said...

Gravy looks great, lovely dish perfect with paratha and with roti too!!!

Medhaa said...

I too Love Paneer, your gravy looks delicious

Srivalli said...

looks great...you must know my love for pbm!..simply love it..so will try this out sometime soon!

EC said...

Its my fav too...feel like having the entire bowl

Vani said...

Curry looks delicious!

Sujatha said...

Paneer is my daughter's fav too.. Will soon try your recipe...

Solai Chidambaram said...

saw your blog Kamala.Lovely recipes.What do you mean by heavy cream.Is it milk.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kamala,
I tried it and it is really yummy. You forgot salt in the recipe :)
Thanks for sharing.