Paneer butter masala is my daughter's fav.Sauting of
the onions and tomatoes helps the gravy done quicker
and avoids the raw smell of onions in the gravy.
Onion - 2
Tomato - 3
Green chilli - 1
kasoori methi - 1 tsp(crushed)
Garlic - 2 pods
Ginger - 1 " inch
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
Paneer cubes - 1 cup
Butter 2 tblsp
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a kadai.
- In a low medium flame toss the paneer in butter slightly.
- Keep it in warm water until use.
- Saute the ingredients under Part 1 in the same kadai.
- Let it cool for 10 min and grind it to a nice paste.
- Take another kadai.
- Add 1 tblsp of butter and the grinded paste.
- Stir well.
- Now add all the powders one by one.
- Cover the kadai with a lid and cook it in a low flame for 10 min.
- Add milk and keep the flame low for 2 min.
- In the end add paneer cubes and cream.
Serve with Naan or parotas.