My husband is a great lover of Andhra foods .
When we visited our friend's home who is
a Andhraite he tasted this and loved so much.
My friend is kind enough to share the recipe from her
mom and allows me to use in the blog too.
Ginger - 250 gm
Tamarind - 1/2 kg
Jaggery - 300 gms
Chilli powder - 1 cup
Salt - 1 cup
Whole jeera - 25 gms
Methi seeds - 25 gms
Garlic - 100 gms
Oil - 1/2 - 3/4 kg
- Peel the ginger skin and wash and allow it to dry in a cloth.
- Heat tamarind with little bit of water in a medium flame for 5 min.
- Powder jeera and methi.
- Grind ginger,soaked tamarind,chilli powder ,salt and garlic.
- Add jeera and methi powder.
- In the end add jaggery.
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add mustard and channa dal.
- Once it splutters switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Add oil to the ginger mixture.
Keep the chutney in a clean air tight jar.
I am very happy to receive another Rocking girl Blogger award from