Madurai is famous for The Meenakshi
Amman Temple,Chithirai Thiruvizha
and Azhagar Thiruvizha (festival).It
is also known for " Konar kadai"( konar
mess).The hotel opens only in the evenings
and is located in the very congested area.
This hotel is famous for its non - vegetarian
food.One of the popular food they have is
Mutton dosa.All the VIP s who visits
Temple city would never miss this mess.
Such is the popularity of the mess.
Dosa batter - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
For the Filling
Mutton - 150 gm
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chillie powder - 3 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 /2 tsp
Salt to taste.
To make mutton filling
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil.Add onions.
- Saute it well.Add Ginger Garlic paste.
- Now add the mutton pieces.Stir well and add all the powders.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
- To this add 1/4 cup of water .
- Close the lid and put the whistle .
- Cook for 10 min in medium flame.
- Switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the cooker.
- Keep it in the stove if there is any excess water.
To make dosa
- Break the egg and mix well with Dosa batter.
- Heat the tawa.Pour the batter in the centre.
- Dont spread the batter.
- Keep the flame in medium.
- Cover the tawa with lid for 1 min.
- After 1 min spread the mutton curry evenly .
- Flip the dosa after 1 min and let the dosa cook on other side for 2 min.
- Remove the dosa from the tawa carefully.
Since the dosa is little bit heavy be careful when taking.
Garnish with coriander leaves.This dosa goes to Srivalli's Dosa Mela