Paal ( milk ) saadam ( rice ) has been a dinner in our
place daily..The great side dish for the paal saadam
is Pakoda..There is a sweet shop in my place which is
popular . They make everything fresh everyday.People
throng the shop when it opens in the afternoon.Their
pakodas are very popular and so we never made an attempt
to make it at home . After getting married I missed this pakoda
and started experimenting . This recipe is close to that taste.
Onion ( chopped ) - 2 big
Besan flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - a pinch
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Curry leaves chopped - few
Saunf - 1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
- In a big bowl add baking soda , ghee , onion and salt.
- Rub well to form a thick foamy texture. Leave it aside for 10 min.The water in the onion will ooze out.
- Add besan and rice flour and all the other ingredients to this and mix well.
- Add 2 tblsp of water and form a tough dough.Don't add more water.The pakodas will become soggy.
- Heat oil in a kadai . Once it is hot take a handful dough and drop the dough into small bites in the oil.
- Fry well in the oil.Remove it when it reaches golden color and drain it in the paper towel.
Check out my fellow marathoners .
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ 6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii 12)Anu 13)Roopa 14)Divya Kudua 15)Rekha 16)Divya M 17)Lakshmi 18)Raaga 19)Lakshmi Venkatesh 20)Sripriya 21)Viji