After coming to US , the more we missed
other than our parents are the keerais or greens.
Suganya of Tasty Palettes reflected the same feeling
of me that was going around in my mind for a long time.
My hubby is a great lover of Arai keerai.He missed this
so much.I went on to search for chard soon after seeing
Suganya's post.Thank you Suganya for helping us to
get the exact tastiness of arai keerai.
Swiss chard - 1 bunch
shallots - 6
Green chillies - 3
Tomato - small - 1
Oil - 1 tsp
mustard - 1/2 tsp
urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
salt - 1/2 tsp
- Clean well and chop the chard.
- In a kadai cook chard ,tomato , green chilli along with 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook well.Cool it down for a couple of min.
- Blend in the whipping mode for few seconds.
- Masiyal should be little bit coarse.
- Heat oil in the kadai .Add the seasoning .
- Once it splutters , add this and salt to the masiyal and mix well.
Keerai masiyal is the best combi for Sambhar and rice.
I am sending this to WHB which is started by Kalyan's kitchen
and the host of this week Divya of Dilse.