Butter Chicken is one of the most popular
dish around the world . It is one of favorite
dish for my daughter Nandhu . After a lot
of tried and tested recipes I found this recipe
Chicken - 1/2 lb
Yoghurt - 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
salt - 1 tsp
chillie powder - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
For the gravy
Onion chopped - 1 big
Tomatoes chopped - 2
Almonds - 10
coriander powder - 1 tsp
chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Tomato sauce - 2 tblsp
Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
Kasoori methi - 2 tblsp
Salt to taste
sugar - 1tsp
Butter - 3 tblsp
Oil - 2 tblsp
- Chop the chicken into 2 " pieces.
- Soak almonds in water.
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients specified under marination for 3 hrs.
- Heat oil in a kadai and shallow fry the chicken . ( Alternatively you can fry the chicken in preheated oven )
- Remove the chicken from the oil .
- In the same oil add chopped onions , tomatoes.Saute well.
- Add coriander , chilli powder , green chillies , almonds and kasoori methi . Add 1/2 cup of water.
- switch off the flame and cool down completely.
- Grind this to a nice paste.
- Now heat butter in a kadai.Add cumin seeds and grinded paste.
- Allow it to boil .Add the chicken pieces and salt.
- Now add tomato sauce and 1 tsp of sugar and orange color. Keep this in medium flame till getting desired consistency.
- In the end add heavy cream .
- Serve with Naans , Rotis and parathas.
Again this too goes to Srivalli's Curry Mela.