Rava Idli is an instant and easy to make for
breakfast.Especially on Saturdays I rely on rava idlis
when i wake up late.Nowadays I am making this
from Lathamma's blog which never fails.My kids
don't like to munch the curry leaves and coriander so
I use half the amount of chopped leaves and grind
the remaining chillies , curry leaves and coriander leaves together.
For more a yummy look visit Lathamma's recipe.
Rava - 2cups
Curds - 1 1/2 cups
oil - 2 tblsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Green chilli - 2
coriander chopped - 2 tblsp
curry leaves chopped - 2 tblsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
salt - 3/4 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Channa dhal - 1 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
- Dry roast Rava for a minute in a kadai.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add seasoning .
- Once it splutters add chopped chilli , coriander , curry leaves.
- Add Rava and mix well and turn off the gas.
- Add ghee ,baking soda , salt and curds to the rava mixture.
- Mix well.Add 2 tblsp of water to the batter.
- Pour the batter in greased idli plate and steam in the Idlicooker for 6 min.
- Cool it down for 2 min. Remove from the plate.
Serve with Chutney and Sambhar.
The Rava batter should be lightly thinner than Idli Batter.
Never use Butter milk.
I am sending this to Raaga's WBB Express Breakfastand Siri's Frozen yoghurt too.