Coming from a small town in south TamilNadu , I did not
have a opportunity to taste the delicious Pav Bhajji for a long
time.I never tasted this until I visited my cousin sister's place
who resided then at Hyderabad.
to try her and it turned out delicious . My son likes it very much
since the recipe does not call for onions to saute.For the
original recipe please see here.
Cauliflower - 1 small head
Potato - 3
oil - 2 tblsp
Green bell pepper - 1 minced
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tsp
salt to taste
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato puree - 2 - 3 cups
peas - 1/2 cup
Everest Pav Bhajji masala - 1 tblsp
butter - 1 tblsp
- Boil cauliflower and potatoes in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Saute pepper .Add ginger garlic paste.
- Add chilli powder , turmeric powder and salt.Saute well.
- Now add tomato puree , peas ,boiled potatoes, cauliflower ,Pav bhajji masala and salt.
- Keep sauteeing and mashing it together till you get the smooth mixture.
- Add water. simmer for 20 - 25 min.
- Fry the bread with butter.
- Serve with minced onions , cilantro and lemon.