This recipe is adopted from Sukanya of Hot and sweet Bowl.
Amma uses Kalpasi or Black stone flower for Briyanis and for
other Non- veg gravies. Since it is not available here I asked
Amma to send Kalpasi and it surely made difference in
the gravy as Sukanya suggested.
Chicken- 1 lb
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
To dry roast
Dry Red chillies - 10
Coriander seeds - 2 tblsp
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 2 tsp
Pepper - 2 tsp
Cashew - 10
split roasted Gram - 2 tblsp
Cinnamon - 4 "
Cloves - 4
cardomom - 4
star anise - 2
Mace - 2
Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
For the Gravy
Bay leaf - 2
Black stone Flower - 2
Onion - 3
Tomato - 1
Ginger - Garlic paste - 2 tblsp
Red chilli - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup
Oil - 2 tblsp
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and marinate with lemon juice , salt and Turmeric powder for atleast 2 hrs.
- Dry roast all the ingredients and make it to an fine powder or paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai add bay leaf , Black stone flower and ginger garlic paste.
- Now add onions and fry for 2 min.Then add chicken and saute well.
- Pour the grounded masala to the chicken and fry it for some time.
- Now add tomato ,chilli powder , salt and water.
- Let the chicken cook and bring it to the desired consistency.
- Add curry and coriander leaves .
Serve hot with parathas , rotis and chappathis.
I am sending this to Vandana's Chicken event.