Poori - kothu curry combi is very
popular around the southern parts
of Tamilnadu.Usually on sunday
we eat this for our breakfast.
Wheat flour - 1 cup
salt - 1 tsp
sugar - 1/2 tsp
oil to fry
- Combine flour , salt , sugar and water.
- Knead well to get stiff dough.
- Make small rounds and roll it out.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- When the oil is hot slide the poori into the kadai.
- Press the poori gently with the ladle.
- This will make the poori puff up.
- Now flip the poori.
- Take off once we get nice color.
- Before taking out the poori drain off the excess oil.
Mutton kheema - 1/4 kg
Onion - 1
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
coriander powder - 1tblsp
chilli powder - 1 tsp
Ginger - chopped 1/2 tsp
garlic chopped - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - chopped -1
coconut paste - 2 tblsp
oil - 2 tblsp
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker.
- Add curry leaves ,chopped onions,green chilli and ginger , garlic.
- Saute it well and add kheema.
- Keep on stirring till the water evaporates.
- Now add all the powders one by one.
- Mix well with kheema and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Close the lid.
- Put the whistle and keep it for 15 min in low flame.
- Open the cooker after the pressure releases.
- Add coconut paste and keep it in low flame for 2 min.
Serve hot with poori.