- Grind whole pepper , jeera and toor dal into a coarse powder.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces or give a 1 min run in a mixer.
- In bowl mix tomato , tamarind paste and 2 cups of water. Combine well.
- Take oil in a kadai.Add mustard , methi , crushed red chillies hing and curry leaves.
- When it starts splutter add the powder and the Tomato - Tamarind liquid.
- Add the minced garlic too.When the rasam starts boiling add the coriander leaves and remove from the stove and add salt.
- Serve with hot rice.
Peanuts - 1 cup
Besan flour - 1/4 cup
Rice flour - 2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Minced Garlic - 1
Hing - a pinch
Salt to taste
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
- Mix everything together with a tsp of water.
- Add water just to bind everything together..
- In a MW plate spread the masala peanuts and MW high for 4 min.
- Mix in between.
This is a quick and easy snack for the kids and surprise guests.
Wish you all a Happy Ugadi , Tamil Puthandu.See you all with
Amma's yummy recipes..