Suddenly the weather has changed and it has been
so cold in the Midwest . Kids preferred to stay inside
and I make them by helping me in making this delicious
butter cookies..They love to add more details to the
cookies..Here is the basic butter cookies which can be
tweaked to any type..orange , lemon , chocolate.....
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Butter - 1 1/2 sticks
Sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Whisk together flour , baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar for 6 min.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Then add flour mixture and mix until just combned.
- Form dough into a 6 inch disc and cover it in a plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator until 4 hrs or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 F .Roil out the disc into 9 inch round with 1/4 " thick.
- Cut into desired shaped using cookie cutters.
- Transfer the cookies to the baking sheets and bake for 12- 15 min.
- Cool down in the wire rack.Frost the cookies once it cooled down completely.
Powdered Sugar - 1 lb
water - 1/3 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Beat everything together . Add more water or lemon juice if it is hard to decorate the cookies
I am sending this to Happy Cooks Home made Christmas Gifts.