Swiss roll cake is a type of sponge cake baked in a
shallow rectangular baking tray and then filled ,
rolled up and cut into circular pieces.
I got the recipe for the Swiss roll cake from
About.com.See the video on how to
roll the cake .
Eggs - 3
sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1/3 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
confectioner's sugar - as needed to roll the cake
Raspberry jelly - 2/3 cup ( I use grape jelly )
- Preheat the oven at 350 c.
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy for 3 -4 min.
- Add sugar and beat for 2 min.
- Now add water and vanilla essence and beat for 1 min.
- Fold in the dry ingredients .
- Place aluminium foil in the jelly roll pan
- Pour the batter into the jelly roll pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 12 - 15 min.
- Spread a kitchen towel on the counter top.
- Sprinkle confectioner's sugar.
- Now turn the cake upside down.Remove the foil carefully.
- Roll the cake tightly with the long side facing you.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Meanwhile whisk the jelly for 2 min or until the spreading consistency.
- Remove from the fridge and unroll the cake.
- Spread the jelly evenly on the cake.
- Roll it again tightly.
- Cut the cakes into circles.