Every Religion , Region , Community has
their own traditional cuisine.Until 2 decades
back We belong to a community don't get
used of kootu . Mostly We cook only
dry poriyals .Since both my Thatha and Appa
worked outside our place, all types of cuisines
featured in our plate.Now comes the recipe ....
Sorakkai or Bottle gourd chopped - 2 cups
Moong dal - 3 tblsp
Mustard urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Red chillies - 2
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Coconut grated - 1 tblsp
- Wash moong dal and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Meanwhile microwave chopped sorakkai in high for 5 min.
- Mix it in between.
- In a kadai add oil.
- Add the seasoning to the oil .
- Now add mashed moong dhal and cooked sorakkai.
- Mix well.Add coconut before removing from the stove.
Goes well with Rotis , Rice .