As soon as i received the surprise ingredient
from Ramya I decided to do one of amma's
popular snack - Murukku.Amma makes
crispy , prefect round murukku.My sister's FIL
used to call amma's murukku as
Parboiled Rice - 1 1/2 cup
Channa Dahlia ( pottukadalai) - 1/2 cup
Hing - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter - 2 tblsp
Oil to fry
- Soak rice with enough water for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Grind it to a nice thick batter in the wet grinder.
- Powder the channa dahlia and sieve it.
- Now add powder , hing , salt and butter to the rice batter.
- Knead well to form a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Put the dough in the murukku press .
- In the back of a big ladle make rounds.
- Now turn the ladle slowly in the kadai.
- Let it cook on both sides.
- Remove from oil.
- Once it cooled down ,keep the muruku in
a tight container.